Senior Project Officer – Stichting SPARK – İstanbul.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- The Senior Project Officer will be the first responsible for the implementation of the project’s activities in
- Expanding SPARK’s private sector network for job placements and entrepreneurship development to deliver on the project targets to create jobs
- Leading partner selection, due diligence, contract signature, report submission and project closure processes of the Programme;
- Maintaining good relationships with partners;
- Following the preparatory work for the planning and implementation of the partners’ activities;
- Supporting the partners for the update and forecast of project budgets, target and activities;
- Ensuring that the partners conduct the activities in line with their activity plans;
- Ensuring that partners’ budgets are used according to the proposed financial plan;
- Compiling and submitting progress reports with supervision from the Country Manager and the Regional Programme Manager;
- Working closely with other SPARK departments (such as regional HES team, MEAL and Finance, Logistics, etc.) to ensure the timely implementation of the project within the limitations of the project budget;
- Sharing the activity plans particularly the events with the Regional Comms team and ensuring that SPARK and back donors are visible;
- Ensuring that all project documentation (paper and electronic) is up to date and stored in an effective and confidential way.
Requirements and Skills
- BA or MA in a relevant discipline related to international development,
- Proven experience with the private sector and jobs creation. Experience with job placements (matching), skill up or start up considered a strong asset
- At least 5 years of experience with project management related to jobs creation
- Experience with working with affected populations, especially refugees, considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politicized and multi-cultural settings with a wide variety of stakeholders,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills,
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner, and to use innovative forms of communication,
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic/Turkish,
- Turkish nationality only,
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience according to the SPARK salary grid from 1.500 – 1.900 EUR net.
- Full-time contract 40h/per week;
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 26 July 2020. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
If you have any questions, please reach Tamara Ljubic at [email protected] . Applications that are received via email will not be considered.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.