Regional Procurement Manager – Stichting SPARK – İstanbul.
The Regional Procurement Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance, audit preparation and procurement in ME region. This includes the implementation of country and regional level procurement processes. Secondly, he or she is responsible effective and accurate financial and accounting activities for the QFFD project, including the budget follow-ups, managing the financial risk and the implementation of SPARK’s operational and financial management strategies and procedures. Thirdly, the Regional Procurement Manager is responsible for the oversight of contract and partnership management. He or she will report to the Regional Programme Director and work in close collaboration with the Regional Finance Manager for the finance related responsibilities.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Project leads/budget holders to ensure completion of procurement planning at the initial stage and provide guidance/training on procurement planning;
- Leads and manages all Tenders in ME region in close coordination with the Regional Finance Manager and Project leads
- Supports knowledge transfer by providing procurement technical support as required, including consultation, advice, mentoring, coaching and training of Finance and programme team in the region;
- Implements anti-corruption and accountability measures for procurement in the region;
- Provides Advise and/or trainings to local partners in Procurement process and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for financial management of the regional jobs programme under the line management by the Regional Finance Manager (RFM);
- Supervises and ensures compliance with donor regulations and project implementation timelines;
- Prepares and submits projects’ financial reports to RFM and Amsterdam office as well as donors within deadlines according to cost-sharing agreements and ensures those reports meeting the financial reporting requirements;
- Prepares non-cost and cost extensions and budget reallocations;
- Makes payment requests to donors according to terms of contracts;
- Ensures proper filing and archiving of grants related documents (agreement, financial reports, etc);
- Takes responsibility for partner selection process in coordination with Project leads.
- Ensures the organization’s internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Provides supports to the project staff for creating contracts;
- Distinguishes between the various types of contracts and creates templates for various proc
- Upon request from project leads and Regional Finance Manager, participates in donor meetings and communicates relevant information to Amsterdam office
- Participates in kick off meetings to provide orientation to partners about SPARK’s and donors’ financial, and procurement rules and procedures;
- Collects, reviews and controls compliance of all invoices with the related contracts, grants etc.;
- Provides technical support and/or trainings to local partners in budget preparation, forecast and revision process, reporting on these budgets, consistency and compliance, and preparation for external audits when needed.
Requirements and Skills
- BA and/or MA in Economics, Finance/Accounting, Business, or Public Administration or equivalent. Professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy or procurement considered an asset.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in large procurement processes and financial management preferably with an international organization.
- Familiarity with operational systems in projects’ administration, project management, financial management and audit management within the private sector or international NGOs;
- Proven experience in handling large scale- multi-donor funding and reporting systems
- Knowledge of audit track, accounting and budgetary procedures and techniques, procurement of goods and services, stocks and assets control;
- Experience with, EU PRAG Rules or equivalent procurement procedures required;
- Turkish nationality;
- Fluency in written and verbal English;
- Turkish and or Arabic is desirable.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience from 2.000 – 2.500 EUR net;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week;
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 26 July 2020. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
If you have any questions, please reach Tamara Ljubic at [email protected] . Applications that are received via email will not be considered.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.